- Our Team
- Erla S. Árnadóttir
Erla S. Árnadóttir
Erla S. Árnadóttir is among the country’s leading experts in the fields of IP and IT law. She studied corporate law and copyright law at a postgraduate level at the University of Oslo Faculty of Law from 1983 to 1984 and was a grantee at the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition in Munich from 1988 to 1989.
Ms Árnadóttir has dealt with a variety of issues in the fields of IP and IT law. These include the preparation of various IP agreements; protection of the interests of numerous companies, government agencies and individuals regarding the establishment and use of different IP rights; registration of trademark and domain name rights; and litigation arising from breach of copyright, trademark and trade name rights. Ms Árnadóttir has been active in consulting for start-up companies of various kinds and has assisted numerous start-ups with their trademark strategies.
Admitted to practice before:
- The Supreme Court
- The Appeal Court
- The District Courts
- LEX from 2000
- KPMG og KPMG attorneys 1984 – 2000
- Supreme Court Attorney 1994
- Attorney at Law 1986
- University of Iceland, cand. jur. 1983
- Part time teaching in Copyright at the Faculty of Law at University of Iceland from 1997
- Examiner in Information Technology Law at University of Iceland from 2004
- Erla S. Árnadóttir (1985). Tölvur og höfundaréttur. Tímarit lögfræðinga, 35(2), 115 – 124.
- Erla S. Árnadóttir (1990). Hugbúnaður: skilyrði og umfang höfundaréttarverndar. Tímarit lögfræðinga, 40(3), 148 – 174.
- Erla S. Árnadóttir (1990). Datenverarbeitung und Urheberrecht in Dänemark – die erste nordische Urheberrchtsnovelle im Vergleich, GRUR International Teil, 39(4), 290 – 299
- Erla S. Árnadóttir (2004). Höfundarréttur og afdrif falsaðra myndlistarverka, Ritið (3), bls. 123 – 135.
- Erla S. Árnadóttir (2015). Developments in Iceland since the XIV Nordic Copyright Symposium in 2015, Nordiskt Immaterialt Rättsskydd, 84(6), 594 – 598
- Peter Schønning, Erla S. Árnadóttir, Torkil V. Rasmussen og Jens Virgar Jakobsen (2016). Strejftog gennem den vestnordiske ophavsret. Nordiskt Immaterialt Rättsskydd, 85(4), 390 – 415
- Erla S. Árnadóttir. (2006). Iceland. In Peter Schimanek og Frank-Rainer Töpfer, Remedies and Public Procurement Laws in Europe. (74 – 79). Berlín: Baker & McKenzie.
- Erla S. Árnadóttir. (2008) Immaterialrettens særlige processformer. In Mads Bryde Andersen og Jonas Christoffersen, Det 38. nordiske Juristmøde i København 21. – 23. august 2008 (343 – 349). Kaupmannahöfn: Den danske styrelse for Det nordiske Juristmøde.
- Erla S. Árnadóttir, Lena Markusardóttir and María Kristjánsdóttir. (2019). Iceland – Health and Pharma Overview. OneTrust DataGuidance database. – https://www.lex.is/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Iceland-Health-and-Pharma-Overview-_-DataGuidance.pdf
- Board of Directors of the Association of Icelandic Lawyers 1989-1991
- Managing Director of the Icelandic Law Journal 1990-1991
- Board of Directors of the Educational fund of Icelandic Bar Association from 1999
- Fjölís (RRO) Arbitration Tribunal 1991-1993
- Board of Copyright Society from
- Board of Society for insurance law 2002 – 2008
- Alternate member of the Board of Directors of the Data Protection Authority 2001 ( – formerly the the Data Protection Commission) – 2004
- Chairman of the Trade Marks and Patent Appeals Committee 1991-2000
- Copyright Committee from 2006 (alternate member from 1995)
- Member of the Compensation Committee established under Act No. 69/1995 on state compensation to victims of crimes 1996 – 2006
- Chairman of Complaints Committee on Equal Status since 2011 (alternative member from 1997)
- Chairman of the Ethics Committee of the the Icelandic Society for Information Processing 1997 – 2009
- Competition Appeals Committee 2000-2009 (alternative member from 1998)
- Alternative member of the board of National Gallery of Iceland 2010 – 2012
- Alternative member of The Icelandic Court Cases Review Commission since 2018